The FIRST comprehensive parenting coordination training program!
We are excited to announce our first on-line training program!
The Cooperative Parenting Institute is an internationally recognized leader providing high quality parenting coordination training programs. Since 1997, the CPI has dominated the field of parenting coordination by creating the first comprehensive step-by-step PC training model. The Institute offers 20-24-26 hour parenting coordination and parenting facilitation (Texas) training opportunities each year. A 12-hour advanced training is available for the experienced parenting coordinator. The training programs meet the requirements established by state statutes. In addition, the presenters are available for custom designed training in your local area.
Susan Boyan, LMFT and Ann Marie Termini, LPC are recognized leaders and innovative trainers. As skilled parenting coordinators, since 1991 and 1993 respectively, Ann Marie (1991) and Susan (1993) have facilitated many complex and highly conflictual divorce cases. They have drawn on their extensive experience, research and interactive approach to prepare professionals for the challenging role of a parenting coordinator.
2014 Three-Day Basic Training Dates & Details
- April 28 - May 2, 2014: Columbia, MD (40-hours)| Trainer: AM Termini (If space, others may take 2 or 3 days)
- June 12-14, 2014: Atlanta, GA | Trainer: Susan Boyan
- July 23-25, 2014: PARENTING FACILITATION TRAINING (24-hours) | Houston, TX | Trainer: Ann Marie Termini
- November 12-14, 2014: Atlanta, GA | Trainer: Susan Boyan
- TBA: Chicago, IL | Trainer: Susan Boyan
On-Line 20-Hour Training
- May 9 through July 25, 2014 | Friday afternoons |12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Click here for Course Details & Registration Form
2015 Advanced Two-Day Training
Click here to download 2014 training registration form | Maryland see below
April 28 - May 2, 2014: Columbia, MD
40-Hour Parenting Coordination Training
Meets Requirements of MD Rule 9-205.2
40-Hour Fees: $1,150.00 Early Bird (3-weeks prior to training date)| $1,200.00 Full Fee
Professionals from Other States Welcome
2 and 3 Day Options Available | Hours and Fees Vary By Day
Early Bird: $29.00 per hour | Full Fee: $30.00 per hour
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
7055 Minstrel Way | Columbia, MD 21045
Sleeping Room Rate - $110.00
(room block released March 17, 2014)
Request rate for Cooperative Parenting Institute
Trainer: Ann Marie Termini | 570-586-5669 | email@example.com
Click Here for Further Details
Click Here for 5-Day Course Outline
Click Here for Maryland Registration Form
June 18 -20 2014 & November 12-14, 2014: Atlanta, GA
1961 North Druid Hills Road NE, Atlanta
678-686-5920 | www.skylandtrail.org | Directions
2061 N Druid Hills Road | Atlanta, GA 30329
Sleeping Room Rate = $99.00 Contact: http://hilton.com/en/hi/reservations/index.jhtml?hotel=ATLNDDT&corporatecode=560038853
Hampton Inn | 678-681-3244
Trainer: Susan Boyan | Contact: 404-273-3370 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 23-25, 2014: Houston, Texas
Parenting Facilitation Training|24-hr Training|Trainer: AM Termini, 570-586-5669, email@example.com
Don't miss the opportunity to receive the 16-hour & 24 hour parenting facilitation training in one week!
Aaron Robb and Bradley Craig will be offering the 16-hour training on July 21 & 22, 2014.
Same Location: Institute for Mediation, LLC | 3217 Mercer Street |Houston, Texas 77027
Click here for details on nearby hotels and other details for the training. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
See Below for Endorsements, Training Fees, Continuing Education Credits, Training Objectives & Training Outline
"The presenter was sensational with an awesome sense of humor and gave great practical examples that brought the content to life! I really appreciated the opportunities to discuss clinical and ethical issues! Over a long three days Susan held my attention, taught me a great deal, and entertained me! This was a great experience in every single way!"
Miriam Drummonds, PhD - Alabama
"The training was dynamic and extremely informative; excellent use of real world examples to illustrate the key content. Susan presents well with an entertaining style that brings the concepts to life. I learned so much and would definitely recommend this training to anyone interested in becoming a parenting coordinator!"
Tracy Masiello, PhD. - North Carolina
"This training held my attention for 3 days - no small feat. Ann Marie did a great job of providing content, skills and provoking thought, all of which served to help me integrate a lot of new information in a short time. She also did an excellent job of using different modalities - Power Point, handouts, lecture, Q & A and small group activities."
Jennifer Knauth, J.D. - Texas
"I very much enjoyed the didactic and experiential components of this training, and would highly recommend it to other colleagues. I leave excited about incorporating parenting coordination services into my practice in the future." (Ann Marie)
Anne Murphy, PhD. - Pennsylvania
"Such an informative workshop! This was a wonderful format for not only acquiring new information but learning ways to apply the knowledge appropriately and effectively. I feel motivated to continue expanding my knowledge base so I can better help improving family dynamics that are "stuck" in conflict." (Ann Marie)
Rebecca Smith, LPC-S - Texas
Three-Day Basic Training Fees
20 Hours - GA
24 Hours - TX, NC
26 Hours - Louisiana
40 Hours - Maryland
In the event you cancel three weeks prior to the training date, you will receive a full refund less a $35 administrative fee. If you cancel less than three weeks prior to the training date, there will be NO refund made. You may, at any point, attend another session or designate a substitute to attend a training session being offered by the SAME trainer. Credit must be used within twelve months or will be voided. CPI will only cancel training's in the event of emergency or too few participants. If a session is cancelled or postponed, the CPI will refund registration fees in full, but cannot be held responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses. In this case, a full refund will be awarded.
Credit Card Fee: $15.00
20 Hour In-Person Training
- $475.00 Full Fee
- $425.00 Early Bird (3-weeks prior to training date)
20 Hour On-Line Training
- $525.00 Full Fee
- $475.00 Early Bird (3-weeks prior to training date)
- $540.00 Full Fee
- $490.00 Early Bird (3-weeks prior to training date)
- $585.00 Full Fee
- $535.00 Early Bird (3-weeks prior to training date)
40- Hours Training
- $1,200.00 | Full Fee
- $1,150.00 | Early Bird Fee (3-weeks prior to training date)
Advanced Two-Day Training
- $300.00 | Full Fee
- $275.00 | Early Bird Fee (3-weeks prior to training date)
Credit Card Fee: $15.00
Check State Statutes to determine training requirement hours. The following states have statutes:
Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas and Vermont.
The following states authorize appointment through related or non-specific statutes:
Arizona, California, Kansas, Kentucky (Jefferson Circuit), New Mexico, Wisconsin and Ohio.
The following state authorizes appointment through a Rule:
Maryland Rule 9-205.2:
Many professionals are offering parenting coordination services in states without statutes.
If your state does not have a statute, we recommend you take at a minimum the 20-hour training.
Texas Training Requirements
Parenting Facilitation - Only offered in Texas but also suitable for other states
24-hours including, but not limited to:
Family dynamics, child development as it relates to time-sharing arrangements, family law as it relates to legal terminology and the process of divorce. The Texas Parenting Facilitation training has its own unique outline in order to meet the state requirements. This outline is different from the outline noted below.
Click here for the Texas Parenting Facilitation Training Outline
Maryland Training Requirements - Only offered in Maryland
Designed to meet state requirements - Maryland Rule 9-205.2
40 Hours of specialty training in topics related to parenting coordination, including conflict coaching , developmental stages of children, dynamics of high conflcit families, family violence dynamics, parenting skills, problem-solving techniques, and the stages and effects of divorce.
North Carolina Training Requirements - Offered in Georgia, Illinois
Designed to meet the state requirements
(24-Hours) of NC G.S. 50-97
Louisiana Training Requirements - Offered in Georgia, Illinois and Texas
Designed to meet Revised Statutes 9:358.3
Three Day Basic Training Continuing Education Credits
• NASW • NBCC
• Pennsylvania: SW, PC, MFT, PA Bar for Attorneys,
Pennsylvania State Board of Psychology
• Georgia: MFT, GA CLE
• Texas: LPC, MFT
On-Line Training: 20-Hours | NASW and any state that accepts NASW approval such as Pennsylvania and Virginia
Three Day Basic Training Learning Objectives:
- Recognize the unique role of a Parenting Coordinator and how it differs from other related roles
- Learn how to structure and implement a parenting coordination program
- Understand and function within the legal system
- Learn strategies to promote effective co-parenting
- Incorporate techniques designed to minimize stress and loyalty binds for children
- Utilize the essential skills required to manage the Axis II parent
- Identify age appropriate schedules and develop comprehensive parenting plans
Learning Objectives are different for the Texas Parenting Facilitation Training (see outline referenced above in red)
Three Day Basic Training Includes:
- A complimentary copy of Cooperative Parenting & Divorce: A Parent Guide to Effective Co-Parenting, a 200 pg.
(8.5"×11") book by the presenters.
- Parenting Coordination Materials
- Lecture, role play, large and small group activities.
- Certification in the Cooperative Parenting Model of Parenting Coordination.
- 20, 24 and 26 hours of CEUs based on instructional time and approved programs
Three Day Basic Training Outline: Topics Covered
(See above for Advanced Training Outline & Times)
Texas Parenting Facilitation Training: Designed to meet state requirements. Training addresses family dynamics, child development as well as how it relates to time-sharing arrangements, family law as it relates to legal terminology and the process of divorce. The Texas Parenting Facilitation training has its own unique outline in order to meet the state requirements. This outline is different from the outline noted below.
Click here for the Texas Parenting Facilitation Training Outline
Three Day Basic Training Outline: Topics Covered (Pennsylvania, Georgia and Illinois):
Day 1 (8:15am – 5:00pm) - Texas Training Times - 8:00am - 5:30pm (Registration 8:00am - 8:30am)
- The Impact of High Conflict on the Family System
- The Child’s Perspective on Divorce
- Coping Styles of Children
- The Impact of High Conflict on Children
- The Evolution of Parenting Coordination
- History & National Growth
- Role & Responsibilities
- Distinctions between a Parenting Coordinator & Other Related Roles
- Appointment of the Parenting Coordinator
- Cooperative Parenting Institute Model of Parenting Coordination
- Understanding and Collaborating with the Legal Profession
- Implementing and Marketing Your Parenting Coordination Practice
- Protocol for Different Types of Sessions
- Dealing with Step-Parents and Significant Others
- History of Parental Alienation & Visitation Refusal
- Differentiating Parental Alienation from other types of Visitation Refusal
- The Alienating Parent
- The Alienated Child
- The Targeted Parent
- Interventions Designed for Parental Alienation and Visitation Refusal
Day 2 (8:30am – 5:00pm) - Texas Training Times: 8:30am - 5:30 pm
- Attachment Theory
- Infant and Toddler Attachment and Overnights
- Child Development & Time Sharing Plans
- Custody Options
- Scope and Nature of Parenting Plans
- Writing Comprehensive Parenting Plans
- Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills for Conflicted Parents
- Facilitating Parental Responsibility
- Maintaining a Child Focus
- Increasing Parental Respect
- Encouraging Exceptions and Amplifying Change
- Disengagement - Realignment
- Containing & Managing Angry Parents
- Handling Non-Compliance & Resistance
- Additional Strategies and Techniques
Day 3 (8:30am – 4:00pm) - Texas Training Times: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Personality Disorders and Other Challenges
- Domestic Violence
- PC Standards & Protocol
- Ethical Considerations
- Variations on Success
For more detailed information on parenting coordination go to www.parentingcoordinationcentral.com