The FIRST comprehensive parenting coordination training program!
The Cooperative Parenting Institute is an internationally recognized leader providing high quality parenting coordination training programs. Since 1997, the CPI has dominated the field of parenting coordination by creating the first comprehensive step-by-step PC training model. The Institute offers 20-24-26-40 hour parenting coordination and parenting facilitation (Texas) training opportunities each year. A 12-hour advanced training is available for the experienced parenting coordinator. The training programs meet the requirements established by state statutes. In addition, the presenters are available for custom designed training in your local area.
Susan Boyan, LMFT and Ann Marie Termini, LPC are recognized leaders and innovative trainers. As skilled parenting coordinators, since 1991 and 1993 respectively, Ann Marie (1991) and Susan (1993) have facilitated many complex and highly conflictual divorce cases. They have drawn on their extensive experience, research and interactive approach to prepare professionals for the challenging role of a parenting coordinator.
2017 Three-Day Basic Training Dates & Details
- April 26-28, 2017: Parenting Coordination/Facilitation Training | Texarkana, AR | Trainer: Termini | Click here for details
- August 17-19, 2017: New Orleans, LA | Trainer: Boyan
- September 21-23, 2017: Raliegh, NC | Trainer: Boyan
- November 9-11, 2017: Atlanta, GA | Trainer: Boyan
- Others To Be Announced
- Click Here to download 2017 training registration form for AK
- Click Here to download 2017 training registration form for LA, NC & GA
See Below for 2017 Three-Day Basic Training Fees, Cancellation Policy, Continuing Education Credits,
Training Objectives, Training Outline & Endorsements
Three-Day Basic Training Fees
20 Hour In-Person Training
- $525.00 Full Fee
- $500.00 Early Bird (4-weeks prior to training date)
20 Hour On-Line Training
- $625.00 Full Fee
- $575.00 Early Bird (4-weeks prior to training date)
- 10% discount for three or more participants from the same agency - On line Course Only
- $590.00 Full Fee
- $565.00 Early Bird (4-weeks prior to training date)
- $635.00 Full Fee
- $610.00 Early Bird (4-weeks prior to training date)
- $1,000.00 | Full Fee
- $975.00 | Early Bird Fee (4-weeks prior to training date)
Advanced Two-Day Training
- $400.00 | Full Fee
- $375.00 | Early Bird Fee (4-weeks prior to training date)
Credit Card Fee: $15.00
In the event you cancel three weeks prior to the training date, you will receive a full refund less a $35 administrative fee. If you cancel less than three weeks prior to the training date, there will be NO refund made. You may, at any point, attend another session or designate a substitute to attend a training session being offered by the SAME trainer. Credit must be used within twelve months or will be voided. CPI will only cancel training's in the event of emergency or too few participants. If a session is cancelled or postponed, the CPI will refund registration fees in full, but cannot be held responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses. In this case, a full refund will be awarded.
Check State Statutes to determine training requirement hours.
Click here for information regarding statutes.
Three Day Basic Training Continuing Education
• NASW, NBCC
• Pennsylvania: SW, PC, MFT
• Georgia: MFT, GA CLE
• Texas: LPC, MFT
NBCC: CPI is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
CPI NASW Provider Number 886455018 CPI NBCC Provider Number 6199
On-Line Training: 20-Hours | NASW and any state that accepts NASW approval such as Pennsylvania and Virginia
Three Day Basic Training Learning Objectives:
- Recognize the unique role of a Parenting Coordinator and how it differs from other related roles
- Learn how to structure and implement a parenting coordination program
- Understand and function within the legal system
- Learn educational curriculum and strategies to promote effective co-parenting
- Incorporate techniques designed to minimize stress and loyalty binds for children
- Utilize the essential skills required to manage challenging parents
- Identify age appropriate schedules and develop comprehensive parenting plans
Three Day Basic Training Includes:
- A complimentary copy of Cooperative Parenting & Divorce: A Parent Guide to Effective Co-Parenting, a 200 pg.
(8.5"×11") book by the presenters.
- Parenting Coordination Materials & Basic Forms
- Lecture, role play, large and small group activities.
- Certification in the Cooperative Parenting Model of Parenting Coordination.
- 20, 24 and 26 hours of CE clock hours based on instructional time and approved programs
- Listing on Parenting Coordination Central and PC Listserv
20 Hour Three Day Basic Training Outline: Topics Covered
(See above for Advanced Training Outline & Times)
Click here for the Texas Parenting Facilitation Training & Lousiana Training Outline
Three Day Basic Training Outline:
- The Impact of High Conflict on the Family System
- The Child’s Perspective on Divorce
- Coping Styles of Children
- The Impact of High Conflict on Children
- The Evolution of Parenting Coordination
- History & National Growth
- Role & Responsibilities
- Distinctions between a Parenting Coordinator & Other Related Roles
- Appointment of the Parenting Coordinator
- Cooperative Parenting Institute Model of Parenting Coordination
- Understanding and Collaborating with the Legal Profession
- Implementing and Marketing Your Parenting Coordination Practice
- Protocol for Different Types of Sessions
- Dealing with Step-Parents and Significant Others
- History of Parental Alienation & Visitation Refusal
- Differentiating Parental Alienation from other types of Visitation Refusal
- The Alienating Parent
- The Alienated Child
- The Targeted Parent
- Interventions Designed for Parental Alienation and Visitation Refusal
- Attachment Theory
- Infant and Toddler Attachment and Overnights
- Child Development & Time Sharing Plans
- Custody Options
- Scope and Nature of Parenting Plans
- Writing Comprehensive Parenting Plans
- Co-Parenting Education Curriculum
- Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills for Conflicted Parents
- Facilitating Parental Responsibility
- Maintaining a Child Focus
- Increasing Parental Respect
- Encouraging Exceptions and Amplifying Change
- Disengagement - Realignment
- Containing & Managing Angry Parents
- Handling Non-Compliance & Resistance
- Additional Strategies and Techniques
- Personality Disorders and Other Challenges
- Domestic Violence
- PC Standards & Protocol
- Ethical Considerations
- Variations on Success
"The presenter was sensational with an awesome sense of humor and gave great practical examples that brought the content to life! I really appreciated the opportunities to discuss clinical and ethical issues! Over a long three days Susan held my attention, taught me a great deal, and entertained me! This was a great experience in every single way!"
Miriam Drummonds, PhD - Alabama
"The training was dynamic and extremely informative; excellent use of real world examples to illustrate the key content. Susan presents well with an entertaining style that brings the concepts to life. I learned so much and would definitely recommend this training to anyone interested in becoming a parenting coordinator!"
Tracy Masiello, PhD. - North Carolina
"This training held my attention for 3 days - no small feat. Ann Marie did a great job of providing content, skills and provoking thought, all of which served to help me integrate a lot of new information in a short time. She also did an excellent job of using different modalities - Power Point, handouts, lecture, Q & A and small group activities."
Jennifer Knauth, J.D. - Texas
"I very much enjoyed the didactic and experiential components of this training, and would highly recommend it to other colleagues. I leave excited about incorporating parenting coordination services into my practice in the future." (Ann Marie)
Anne Murphy, PhD. - Pennsylvania
"Such an informative workshop! This was a wonderful format for not only acquiring new information but learning ways to apply the knowledge appropriately and effectively. I feel motivated to continue expanding my knowledge base so I can better help improving family dynamics that are "stuck" in conflict." (Ann Marie)
Rebecca Smith, LPC-S - Texas
For more detailed information on parenting coordination go to www.parentingcoordinationcentral.com